Selamat tinggal Bali

Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. Benjamin Disraeli
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/benjamin_disraeli_108147
Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.
~Benjamin Disraeli 
offering making workshop
offering making workshop
offering making workshop
Our first activity for this morning was an offering making workshop.  It is very interesting to me and caused a bit of self reflection. The offering to the left is made every day and in many cases twice a day and usually involves an incense stick. It is a part of the norm that the flowers are everywhere. These offerings are not simply throw down some flowers but require focus and intention as the basket that they are in is also handmade from young coconut leaves. I looked at how we as Christians can't offer ourselves as a living sacrifice once a day, which only involves ourselves but the people here make daily offerings that require materials, time and intention multiple times a day.

I spent the rest of the morning at the Ayusha Wellness spa. I figured that with 23 hours of flying ahead of me a spa treatment would go a long way to relax my nerves. I had the mini facial which included a banana and honey mask and a Balinese massage. I left the Wellness center feeling completely relaxed and very much like a noodle. Highly recommend this experience.

walking suspended over the two lower floors
5 story Waterfall Jewel Changi
My flight into Singapore was only 2 hours but still resulted in a 12:30 am arrival  with my flight home not leaving until 11:53 that night. so I spent the night in the Transition Hotel napping rooms. This morning I awoke and  scheduled my free Singapore tour. These two free tours are scheduled by the airport and allow you to see the sites of Singapore. One involves culture and heritage and the other is a nighttime city sights tour. Because all of the tours require going through immigration, which they assist you with, you can only do one of them which I didn't realize until I got to the tour reservation desk this morning. There is a third option that just became available over the last few weeks that I was offered and decided to take since I didn't want to be in the airport for 12 hours and the walking tour was at 10am .  The walking tour was of the Jewel which includes the waterfall and all the experiences in the Jewel. The cool thing about this tour was the taste testing at Five Spice. We were brought samples of a dessert, two entrees and a soup. Since there were only two of us on the tour the taste testing was enough for a tasty brunch.  The tour also included a stop at the Singapore Coffee Museum. Not a coffee drinker so this one was interesting in terms of the cool historical coffee making apparatus but not because I needed to drink the samples. This is a giant shopping mall with a 500000 liter water fall.  I was greatly disappointed in this option as a tour but made the best of the experience and took the MRT, their version of Metro or SEPTA, into Singapore to be a tourist for the day.

attack of the Henry
reflector ball used by Hollywood filmmakers
I visited the Art and Science Museum. Henry and I had a ball. He decided to try and hold up the moon.   The museum had an Alice in Wonderland Exhibit, a Floating Utopia exhibit, and a future world exhibit.The future world exhibit was all about the convergence of arts and science and included a lot of augmented and virtual reality s well as interactive projections that visitors wandered in and out of.
WWII balloons used as blockades
The  Floating Utopia exhibit was all about floating things like hot air balloons and floating protest balloons or balloons used during world war II to protect the city or reflector balls used by hollywood to keep planes away during shooting.

WWII balloons
The Alice in Wonderland Exhibit.  This exhibit was completely interactive and had tons of hands on activities as you moved through the rooms and experiences in Wonderland including a VR Mad Hatters Tea party. I got to be one of the cards painting the roses.

Me as a card repainting the roses
Alice in Wonderland exhibit


Singapore waterline



Jewel night light show
I stopped at the DC Comics superhero cafe and had to take a selfie with Aquaman. :)
Aquaman oh yeah and Wonderwoman
I returned to Jewel before returning to the airport to see the night light show. The waterfall is lit up in red purple green and blue along with music and to complete the mirror maze.
Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. Benjamin Disraeli
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/benjamin_disraeli_108147

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Threads of Life

Feed the Birds and Komodo Dragons are Vicious